Get Started with Dynamics 365 Field Service with Demo Data
Looking to kick off Dynamics 365 Field Service trial environment with demo data? Well, you’re in the right place.
Make sure you have a valid email address and phone number. It does not have to be a work email. You can use an outlook account like what I did in this demo. Then, go to Dynamics Trial, select Field Service and click on Sign up here.
Once it’s up, you can start preparing the demo data installation.
There are a bunch of things you need to pre-configure before you can install the Fabrikam Manufacturing Demo Data.
- Download the demo data and unpack. For US consumers, you basically just need to follow the steps on this link. For non-US consumers, you may have to encounter some other issues like date format, etc.
2. Create and configure users in Office 365. Make sure you assign Dynamics 365 license for each of them so their names will appear in Dynamics 365 Users list (Settings > Security > Users). Keep notes of the username you set for each of them as these are important for the configuration later on.
3. Once it appears in Dynamics 365 users list, set System Administrator role to each of them.
4. Go to the extracted Demo Data file (PackageDeployer_FPSDemoData_v3007) you just downloaded and open PkgFolder and then find and open ImportUserMapFile.xml. Now, paste the email address you created for each user in Office 365. Also, set the DefaultUserToMapTo= field to the email address of the Spencer Low user.
5. In the same folder (PkgFolder), find and open DemoDataPreImportConfig.xml and find the <userstocreateandconfigure> tag. Update the <login> tag with the username (case-sensitive) you set for each user from step 2.
6. Setup a work hour template for Spencer Low. Navigate to Settings > Security > Users, find/open “Spencer Low” user.
While in the user form, navigate on the top menu and select Work Hours.
Click on the calendar and select More Actions > Edit. Select Entire recurring weekly schedule from start to end option and ensure the Work hours are set to 8 AM – 5 PM (9 Hours), Monday to Friday and with the Timezone set to Pacific Time (US & Canada). This is needed to ensure that the Project and Schedule board show as expected.
7. Before running the Package Deployer, check the following in Advanced Find to avoid encountering issues during the installation.
- Confirm that there is no more than one active Organizational Unit record, and then renaming it to Fabrikam US.
- Confirm that there is no more than one active Work Template record.
- Confirm that there is no more than one active Project Parameter record, and then renaming that entry to Parameters
Common Issues & Fixes:
- The pre-import process failed: Organisation should have no more than one active ‘msdyn_organisationalunit’ (fix: step 7)
- The pre-import process failed: ID for the user with login ‘davids’ not found (fix: step 5)
- Renaming Default Work Order Template failed with error: ID for User with login ‘davids’ not found (fix: step 6)
Now, you are ready to run PackageDeployer.exe.
Let me know how it goes in the comments down below.